• Home
  • Edit
  • Thunder Cat

    Thursday, February 17, 2011
        Okay, so I wanted to try a harder painting and here is the results.  This painting took about four weeks to complete and I learned about a dozen new techniques.  This was the first painting that I painted without a general sketch on the canvas.  I started with a background and then painted layer after layer until I achieved the general clouds and shape of my tiger.  Then it was another several layers to complete the tiger and flesh out the background.  I probably did way to much work to get the picture finished, but hey, that is what learning is all about.  My wife has now started a new impressionistic painting of a tiger with a vivid colorful background.  She has finished the background and now has started the outline and it is really coming out cool. 

    1 comments:

    1. Jodi said...:

      I had forgotten that you did this one without a sketch. Damn, that makes it even more impressive. Thanks for humoring my tiger painting. ;-)

    Post a Comment